Google friendly or Search Engine Friendly is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines results.
Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is all about creating a website that's discoverable by search engines and is a strategy that improves the website's ranking on search engines.
There are 7 main SEO factors we use for designing search engine friendly websites.
User friendly web design
- Clean Code - Include spider friendly navigation
- Create Lots of pages - It is better to have 20 pages than long 5 pages on your site.
- Content - Each page should have a minimum of 250 words and discuss only one topic.
- Sitemaps – A sitemap containing text links should provide access to all the important sections and pages of the website.
- URLs – URLs should be search engine friendly which means that they should contain keywords descriptive of the pages they belong to.
- Size – The size of a website can impact its ranking.
Keywords should be located on each page
- Keywords located in the title tag of each page.
- Keywords located in the h1 and h2 headings.
- Keywords located in the first paragraph of each page
- Keywords located in the text links.
- Meta desciptions should contain the relevant keyword phrases.
- Images should be named properly and have an "alt" tag.
- Cross link between pages, links from each page to home page and link to each page.
- There should be links on each page viewable from search engines, such as achor text links
- Each page should have content that is unique, relevant, quality and updated frequently.
Google Analytics & Webmaster
- For tracking and the performance of the website