What is the World Wide Web?
- The Web is a network of computers all over the world.
- All the computers in the Web can communicate with each other.
- All the computers use a communication protocol called HTTP.
How does a Browser Display a Web Page?
- All web pages contain instructions for display.
- The browser displays the page by reading these instructions.
- The most common display instructions are called HTML tags.
- HTML tags look like this <p>This is a paragraph.</p>.
What is a Web Server?
- The collection of all your web pages is called your web site.
- To let others view your web pages, you must publish your web site.
- To publish your work, you must copy your site to a web server.
- Your own PC can act as a web server if it is connected to a network.
- Most common is to use an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
What is an Internet Service Provider?
- ISP stands for Internet Service Provider.
- An ISP provides Internet Services.
- A common Internet service is web hosting.
- Web hosting means storing your web site on a public server.
- Web hosting normally includes email services.
- Web hosting often includes domain name registration.